tabs

Monday, January 31, 2011

GOALS FOR THE WEEK - January 31

This week centers around FOOTBALL. It is Superbowl weekend.

It is also our anniversary weekend. Five years ago, D and I were married AND the Steelers won the Superbowl. How great would it be if we were able to celebrate our anniversary and watch the Steelers win their SEVENTH Superbowl?!?!

Also this week, I have another job interview and am patiently waiting to hear back from the people I interviewed with last week.

With all that is going on, it is going to be an emotional week. Knowing that, I have set these goals:

WIFE: celebrate our fifth anniversary --- plans are currently up in the air due to the big snowstorm that may be coming our way. I'm planning to have an A, B, and C plan in place. Be prepared!

MOM:
introduce K to a new food this week.

ATHLETE: three runs, yoga at least twice, two sessions of strength training, and spinning on Wednesday (assuming I can get to the class and we are not snowed in.

HEALTH:  try two new breakfast cereals; get new glasses (broke mine on Saturday night and are currently sporting a broken and old pair of glasses); and cut back on my caffeine* (I'm limited to two cups of coffee and two coke zeroes).




STUDENT:  complete rough drafts of two papers for my dissertation.

CAREER: rock my interview on Thursday and wait patiently to hear back from the two organizations I interviewed with last week.

PERSONAL GROWTH: finish Breaking Dawn (yes, it is true I am still not finished, but only 75 pages to go).

HOME: vacuum stairs and basement; and get the mountain on laundry done.

ME: begin year-long photo challenge

* caffeine --- this past week I had coffee with my old boss. She has since left her old job and started her own consulting company, which is doing REALLY well. So proud of her. Anyways, we got to talking about being healthy and having balance in live. She has completely cut out caffeine (minus chocolate) from her diet and is feeling great. She was a serious tea drinker back in the day and loved a good mocha. But now she is caffeine-free and doing so well. It was inspiring to talk wit her about it. So I am determined to cut back on my caffeine intake. I'm starting small this week as I do not want to be plagued with withdrawl headaches week.

No comments: