tabs

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

PLANS, INTERRUPTED

My plan for today was simple:

1. Up at 5:15am.

2. Out the door by 5:30 for a quick run.

3. Back home showered, packed, fed, caffeinated, and out the door by 7:15ish.

I was in bed at 10:15pm last night, which is within the magic bedtime window that makes getting up before 6am tolerable. Everything was in place. My plans were simple and sure.

Then came the 4:51am INTERRUPTION.

We'd like to interrupt your precious beauty rest and comfortable state under your down comforter with...

A crying toddler.

We usually hear K an hour or so before she is up for the day. She usually regathers her duck and her dog and her popple and her blankie and then goes back to sleep.

This morning, not.so.much.

She started crying for "Mama" and then moved quickly on to "milky".

About five minutes into her crying/whining, I knew she needed some back-to-sleep assistance.

Eight ounces of milk and multiple rounds of "if you're happy and you know it go to sleep..." later and she was back to sleep. And it was time for me to be out the door about 1/2 mile into my run. Grrrr...

Not wanting to be late to school (I have a busy day ahead) and feeling extremely tired from getting up PRIOR to 5am, I opted for a 15 minute power nap followed by a quick shower, lunch packing, breakfast making, cuddle with K (who was up for the day at 6:30), and diaper change (this would be the second diaper change before 7am - gotta' love it when she's been in her new diaper for less than 15 minutes and she takes a huge #2; we'll be washing diapers AGAIN tomorrow).

I guess I'll run this evening around 9pm when school is over, I'm home, K is asleep, and I have an actual unscheduled moment to myself.

Thankfully the weather is more spring-like now. It will help make the late night run tolerable.

I think a glass of wine will help, too!

No comments: