Friday, March 19, 2010


To quote the Brady Bunch:

I think i'll go for a walk outside now
the summer sun's callin my name
i hear ya now
i just can't stay inside all day
i gotta get out get me some of those rays
everybody's smilin
sunshine day
everybody's laughin
sunshine day
everybody seems so happy today
it's a sunshine day

Today was perfect in every sense of the word.

K slept through the night. Slept until 7:10am. And since I didn't have to be at school this morning, I slept until 7:10am. It was luxurious. D made me a strong pot of coffee before leaving for work, and he even bought me some flavored coffee creamer. I had a coffee milkshake with breakfast!

We goofed off around the house until 10 and then set out for the park. We hiked over to the park; the park with swings AND a spiral slide. K had a blast (I had a good time, too; completely enjoyed my travel mug full of coffee milkshake). My little girl has NO fear. She climbed to the highest heights on the jungle gyms. She hit the swings hard. Asking me to go push her "more up" (read: higher!).

We hiked home from the park and had lunch.

K went to sleep soon afterward. She didn't sleep for long. I got no work done, but was successful in getting a couple of loads of laundry washed.

After K's nap, we did some water play. I filled up a couple of bowls and she sat on the floor and played for nearly an hour. She laughed a lot and asked continuously for more - water that is!

After an afternoon snack, we set out for a run. It was the first time we had the jogging stroller out this year. It was perfect weather for running - sunny, 70 degrees, no humidity, and slight breeze. I set out on my 4.13 mile loop a little faster than I should have. Pushing a nearly 20 pound toddler and a 28 pound stroller is hard freaking work. The run was going great until I hit THE HILL...

This is the big hill. It's basically straight up. And it is a full city block long. I was three miles into my run before I set out to climb the hill. By the time I got halfway up the hill, my butt muscles were burning. I was out of breath. And, honestly, I didn't think K and I were going to make it to the top.

But we kept going.

We reached the top of the hill and had a little celebration. We also stopped to take a look at the city. The view from 13th and Clifton is amazing. And Washington DC is beautiful this time of year.

 [photo credit:]

Upon completion of our run, we parked the jogging stroller and K and I went for a walk on our street. We met D at the metro, walked home, and fed K some dinner.

I took a wonderfully hot shower.

D is cooking two pizzas for dinner --- a mushroom lovers and veggie lovers.

We have a bottle of wine to enjoy with the pizza.

Oh, and did I mention that the baby is sound asleep? And the work on our house is nearly complete? And that our kitchen sink is FINALLY draining (after a year and a half of only draining when the garbage disposal was on)?

It truly was a wonderful day!


Sarah said...

What a perfect day. Makes me happy.

And I agree running WITH the stroller and toddler is an entirely different workout altogether!

Anonymous said...

i very much adore your own writing choice, very exciting,
don't quit and also keep writing considering the fact that it just simply that is worth to look through it,
looking forward to read additional of your content pieces, regards!

Anonymous said...

hello, awesome webpage
just how to write blog posts who smash in visitors: