tabs

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

HELLO SPRING

Temperatures in the 60s.

Sunshine.

Majority of the snow melted.

Birds chirping before the sun is up.

And the daffodils are coming up.














I think it might be spring.

Thank goodness.

Yesterday, I was home with K and her little buddy A. We walked to the library for story hour; took the long route home afterward. We ate lunch with the windows open. After a long afternoon nap (no, I did not nap; kids did), we packed up a snack and walked to the park. It felt like everyone in the neighborhood was outside. K said hi and bye to just about everyone and everything passing. She also barked at every one of the dogs we passed and made clicking noises when she saw a cat or chipmunk (chipmunks click; cats... we click to get them to come - thus clicking noises when both animals are spotted). We were at the park until 5:30. Sun was shining and it was still warm out.

Love it.

I went out for a run in shorts and a t-shirt at 7pm. Came home sweating. Love that. It's the first time that I didn't need to bundle up for a run in a LONG time.

This morning we woke up to birds chirping.

And, did I mention that the daffodils are up? So looking forward to seeing them bloom.

We planted several bunches of daffodils in our backyard last fall. This year we'll be able to enjoy our very own daffodils. Hopefully by this time next year we'll be seeing some tulips poking through the ground in our yard, too.

Spring, I hope you are here to stay.

2 comments:

WASPy Girl said...

This being March, expect to be disappointed. The clouds are rolling in here in Winchester.

Pining for Pinterest said...

I was so excited when I went running the other day too! This will be my first spring as a runner so I am excited!!