tabs

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SIXTEEN GOING ON SEVENTEEN

Months that is...

A friend of ours once told us that with kids the days are long, but the years go by fast.

I couldn't agree more. Last night was L-O-N-G. K was up for several hours whining, screaming, using every word in her vocabulary to get our attention. D finally got her to sleep around 5am. He slept on her floor until 8:15 this morning. We woke up tired and impatient. Honestly, frustrated and angry that our little girl decided to throw a I'm not sleeping party in the wee hours of the morning. Then I changed her diaper and realized that she is constipated. Sweet little girl just started enjoying bananas. Obviously they are a little hard to digest. And so we move forward - trying to forgive ourselves for being impatient parents and knowing full-well that our little girl cannot handle a whole banana at this point in time.

All our frustrations and sleep deprivation aside. I am loving the early toddler stage. I love the little person K is becoming. Change and development is seen on a daily basis. I feel like I should write it all down every day less I forget one of the milestones or little moments when my heart grows just a little bit more.

My little special K is getting so big. She's still petite. Last week at her ear infection appointment she weighed in at 18 pounds 6 oz. Sweet little girl is right there in the 5th percentile for weight. Gotta' love my little peanut. She is in desperate need of another haircut. And we once again need to go through her clothes and get rid of the 9-12 month pieces that just do not fit anymore.

Over the past couple of weeks, her vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds. She says "more" while signing now; she also can say dog, duck, book, rice, lights, dark, snow (sounds more like no), down and up. Her favorite phrase is still "nonononono". Yesterday she brought me a pair of pants that belong to her little friend she shares a nanny with. While handing them to me she said, "Amee", which is pretty close to her little buddy's name. I love to see her little mind at work - making associations between words and people, places, and things. I love that when she hears a dog outside she says, "woof, woof, woof." Love that she baaaas like a sheep, whoo-whoos like an owl and moos like a cow on command. Simply melts my heart and makes me so proud.

She loves her books; and her stacking blocks; and balls. She's also really taken with mopping.

 

We spend our days together walking up and down the sidewalk, building block towers, having tea parties, running through obstacle courses and jumping on the couch downstairs. We also listen to a lot of music and dance often. It is a lot of fun. On Tuesdays her little buddy comes over (its my day for the mommy-share). It is wonderful watching her interact with her little friend. I love watching them chase each other, hide from each other, and help each other out when one takes a tumble. 

It is hard to believe that she is sixteen months old.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

She is adorable. The stuff Ben remembers blows my mind! And I hope for both of us that their obsession with mopping doesn't wane!