tabs

Thursday, February 11, 2010

NEW SHOES

I am in desperate need of a new pair of running shoes. I've been wearing my current sneakers (two pairs - one yellow, one blue) since Christmas 2008. I have been good about alternating pairs, but after marathon training, training with D for his triathlon last summer, and just the normal wear and tear (trips to Target and the grocery store with a baby strapped to me) they have come to the end of their life.

They've been good shoes to me. I'm particularly fond of the yellow pair, which I wore for the NYC Marathon. In some ways I consider them my lucky sneakers.

I was thinking the beginning of February would be a good time to get a new pair of shoes. I'm still two months away from my first race of the season (The Cherry Blossom 10 Miler). There is plenty of time to break in a new pair or two and be comfortable during the race.

Unfortunately due to the TWO blizzards we've experienced during the past week, I haven't been out of the house. I haven't run since last Friday. We did venture out for the Superbowl, but that's it. I've been home-bound. No running and no new shoes. Boo-hoo.

Since I can't get my new shoes, I decided that K should get a pair. She got some awesome PINK Converse All-Star high top sneakers for Christmas from her uncle. They are still a little big, but they are too cute. I love them. So glad someone around here is in a new pair of shoes.



After the snow melts and the leaking in our sunroom subsides and I can get my car dug out, I'll get out to the store for some new sneakers. I'm thinking that I need to run (or else go batty). I'm thinking of running early tomorrow morning down the middle of the street before rush hour kicks into high gear (this is assuming that the Federal Government is open tomorrow in which case I can go running when I please because there will be no rush hour traffic).

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Chucks on toddlers is the yummiest thing ever. They are a pain to put on, but I just love them.