tabs

Friday, February 27, 2009

NO PINK FRIDAYS

Having a little girl means everything is PINK PINK PINK PINK PINK.

From the moment we found out we had a little girl, the pink started rolling in... pink flowers and balloons at the hospital. Pink onesies, pink booties, pink tops, pink pants, pink washclothes, pink diapers, pink jammies, pink socks. We have so much pink that I now do white, dark, and pink loads of laundry. We are living in a world full of pink.

Now, don't get me wrong... the clothes are so cute. And I am so grateful for all the wonderful gifts we've been given. I love that 90 percent of the little one's clothes are hand-me-downs. We have some wonderful, generous friends. I truly am grateful.

That said, sometimes I get a little sick of the pink. So this morning we started what will be known as NO PINK FRIDAYS. It will be the one day of the week when the little one doesn't wear pink. We'll put all of her green, red, and purple clothes to good use. And this doesn't mean she has to wear pink the other days of the week. It only means that on Fridays there will be no pink worn. Not even a pink diaper!

Today we dressed the little one up in some blue striped pants and a blue t-shirt. She even had on a sky-blue onesie. It was fabulous. To make the outfit a little more feminine, she wore her blue Mary-Jane socks. They really helped to pull the outfit together!

------------------------------------------------------

Tonight: I need to do homework. I have a Vaccinology mid-term in a little over a week. I have lots of reading to do and flashcards to make. I made brownies this afternoon to help make studying on a Friday night a little more enjoyable.

Little one: her cowlick is back. She woke up with it in full form this morning. I'm so excited. It is so cute. I'm thinking of tying a ribbon around it.

No comments: