tabs

Thursday, February 19, 2009

BAKING BROWNIES

This morning I whipped up a batch of VEGAN brownies. They are still in the oven baking, but judging from the batter that I tasted they are going to be yummy. And this will TOTALLY take care of my chocolate cravings. My recipe for the ULTIMATE VEGAN BROWNIES is:

1 C Earth Balance buttery spread (from Whole Foods)
8 squares of unsweetened chocolate
3 C sugar
1 and 2/3 C applesauce
1 t salt
1 and 1/2 C flour

Melt the butter and chocolate on the stove at a low heat setting. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and sugar. Add melted chocolate/butter mix to sugary applesauce. Then add flour and salt. Bake for at least 40 minutes at 350 in a greased 9x13 inch pan.



YUMMY!

------------------------------------------------

Today: we're taking dinner and 1/2 the brownies to friends from church who just had twins. New friends for my baby!

To do: I have a ton of grading to do for the class I am TAing. One of the students actually wrote: "the purpose of the study was to evaluate the relationship between X and Y among day care workers....obviously." I kid you not. This individual ended a sentence that was well written and correct with FOUR periods and the word "obviously". I felt like I was reading a note a girlfriend passed me in the 10th grade. This is a PhD program, honey. Act like you belong!! It's going to be a l-o-n-g grading process.

Sleep: The baby slept until 2:45am and then decided to get up and party until 4:14am. Lovely... She wasn't hungry; just wanted to play. I forced her to be still and at least rest. We are not going to build bad sleep habits now. Nighttime is for sleeping.

Loving: our nanny. She is wonderful. Yesterday I went to pick up the little one and she was sitting in the living room with her baby friend and the nanny playing and listening to piano music. Both kids were laughing and smiling. Makes me feel so comfortable leaving her a couple of days a week.

No comments: