tabs

Monday, December 1, 2008

COUNTDOWN TO MY COMPS


December is here, which means January is right around the corner. And that means my comprehensive exams are NEXT MONTH. When I decided last spring to attempt to study and take my exams in 2009, it seemed like such a far off date. I was not even six months pregnant at the time; barely showing my tiny belly bump. Now I'm the mother of a nearly two month old and I have to be ready for my exams NEXT MONTH. I'm a little freaked out.

The good news is I have finished all of my background reading. This translates into having finished re-reading two biostatistics and one epidemiology text book. Now I need to move onto my flash cards. I'm going through my first round of biostats cards right now. My goal is to finish this set by Wednesday evening. Then I'll move onto the second set of biostats cards, followed by 14 lessons worth of regression slides to review. I'm hoping to have this all completed by Friday (which will be hard with Lehman coming into town for a visit).

My goal for the weekend is to review SAS, the statistical computer program I am required to know and use for the exam.

Next week I am going to devote my time to epidemiology.

The week of the 15th, I'm going to spend my time doing biostats problem sets.

The week of the 22nd, my goal is to review all of my flash cards AGAIN. You might ask how I plan to do this... well, I'm going to have them in the car with me while we travel over the river and through the woods... I'm also going to make the most of my time nursing the baby. While she's chowing down, I'm going to study.

The details of my study plan are more for my benefit than your reading pleasure. Writing down my goals will help me stay focused. You'll be able to hold me accountable. Weekly study updates will be posted on Fridays. Stay tuned...

-------------------------------------------

Favorite holiday item: my soy EVERGREEN scented candle. Lighting it makes our entire house smell like Christmas.

No comments: