tabs

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

TWO MONTHS

Dear Baby Girl,

You turned two months old this past Sunday. I cannot believe how fast you are growing...

During the past two months, you've experienced a lot of firsts. First trip in the car, first night alone in the bassinet, first bath, first trip to Target, first visits with friends, first late night snack, first sunrise cry-fest, our first nap together, first "exercises" on the changing table, first hugs, first kisses, and first smile. I've loved each of these moments and will treasure them forever.

We've worked together to get you eating well. And we've discovered that the secret to you sleeping well is swaddling you tightly and bracing you between rolled blankets so you can't move around and startled yourself awake. Your Daddy and I try hard, but we still cannot prevent diaper explosions (hopefully you'll grow into your reusable diapers soon). We love you and will continue to clean up and try to prevent these messes.

You went to the doctor yesterday. You now weigh 9 pounds 15 ounces and you're 22.5 inches long. You are in the 25th percentile for weight and 50th for height. Your head circumference is an inch bigger this month compared to last, but it is still tiny... 15 inches (10th percentile). They refer to your size as a "peanut", but you are healthy and growing according to schedule.

I love dressing you up in all your girly clothes. My favorite outfit of yours is your pink jumper with matching diaper cover and your grey and pink striped tights. I'm so looking forward to dressing you up in your Christmas outfit! You'll get to wear it this Friday when we go to what will be your first Christmas party.

Life has really changed for me during the past few months. I'm not going to write down all the details because what you need to know is that I love being your Mommy. You are such a delight and will forever be my little "pumpkin". I cannot imagine my life without you. I cherish moments like the one I'm having right now with you asleep in my arms. It brings me so much joy to watch you sleep... I cannot imagine what it will feel like when you call me "Mommy" for the first time or are able to reach for me when I go to pick you up.

My prayer for you is that you continue to grow big and strong. And that you continue to thrive. I look forward to hearing your little voice and watching you grow up into a little girl.

You are so precious to me. And I love you.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, just shed a little tear. Great letter.

Becky said...

Such a sweet letter :) I'm SO happy you're enjoying her. And I know a lot has changed for you these past months. And I'm sure that's super hard. If you ever want to chat, know that I am here...Love you, B