tabs

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

TIS THE SEASON...

...for the flu, migraines, sore throats, and stomach viruses.





















We had a wonderful Christmas week at my parent's house - full of family, friends, dates with my husband, and time spent with Uncle Jeff. Unfortunately, my holidays (and several other members of my family) were spoiled (or cut short) by illnesses. I got the migraine, fever, throw-ups. My brother has the fever, sore throat. And Grandma got the stomach bug.

I got sick on the way back into DC. I willed myself not to throw-up for hours, but after an hour of the chills and knowing I needed to throw-up to feel better I just let it happen. I felt so much better. My fever lasted until late Sunday night. I'm continuing to recover...the fever and nursing has made me so stinking dehydrated.

In the midst of all of this, I'm getting ever-so-close to my comprehensive exams. Less than two weeks now. I'm made it through all of my notes and in some instances am beginning to review my review notes. There is SO much to remember!

Posts will be few and far between for the next couple of weeks, but stay tuned. I have already begun writing my 2008 Year End Review (a recount of my 30th year of life) and a holiday summary.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We too have been plagued by illness. Just as soon as B gets over a cold, we get a stinking brand new one. Very frustrating. Makes us grateful for our usual good health.

Anonymous said...

Becky-
I am sorry to hear about the illness, it plagued our house as well. My dad, sister and I came down with the stomach bug New Years Day, and today I just had my first real meal since! Good luck with the studying and the exams!