Truth be told...
1. Yesterday I had a glass of wine and bowl of granola for dinner.
2. I'm a little behind on laundry. In the past 24 hours, I've done seven loads, and I'm not finished. Everything is folded (which took a good chunk of my time); however the thought of bringing all of those clothes up two flights is more than I can handle. Laundry is SO much work.
3. In addition to my laundry piling up, I'm behind on grading papers. I have more than 50 position papers to read and grade. The end of the semester is brutal on teachers. To compound the problem, our school switched email servers this weekend and students are clueless as to what is going on. Numerous were unable to use their school email accounts this weekend and probably won't be able to do so for weeks to come.
4. K has been sleeping on a mattress in our room for months now. We set up the little bed so she wasn't bothered by C, but now that C is sleeping through the night she still needs to sleep with us. I don't know how to break the cycle. She doesn't like sharing a room with C and even if we get her into the bed in her room she always ends up on the floor in ours. With everything else going on, I don't have the time or patience to break her of this habit. Instead I'm putting it off until after we move. Her bedroom will be right across the hall from ours in the new house. I'm hoping that such close proximity and a new bedroom -- all to herself -- will get her out of our room.
5. I love Neil Diamond. Watching him perform at the Red Sox game on Saturday brought tears to my eyes.