tabs

Saturday, April 23, 2011

MORNING SICKNESS

*** Written February 10, 2011

When I was pregnant with K, I had a little bit of morning sickness. I can remember feeling hot, dizzy, and slightly nauseous during the morning for several weeks. Once I came close to throwing up while on the train to Baltimore. But, all in all, it wasn't that bad.

This time around, things seem to be amplified. The nauseousness is worse and my ability to hold-back (or hold down) the vomit isn't going to last much longer (especially if things get worse in the coming weeks).

This morning, I got up and did 30 minutes with Jillian (30 Minute Shred), showered, ate breakfast, and got ready to leave. I left the house with a travel mug full of chai tea - as in a teabag of chai tea (not a latte or anything fancy; just straight up tea). As I was driving to Baltimore, I started to feel a little queezy. I opened a window to cool the car down and get a little fresh air into my lungs. I started to feel better. Once in B-more, I parked and started by trek to school. As I'm walking down one of the main roads of Baltimore, I was hit was a HUGE urge to barf.

LOVELY.

I actually stopped at a trash can along the sidewalk and stood there. Throwing up probably would have made me feel better, but I just couldn't do it. Instead I puked a little bit in my mouth and kept on walking.

Since then, I was thrown up twice in my mouth - a nasty, bile-fill, chai-flavored barf.

Um... I think I have morning sickness!

I would love to drink some ginger ale, but having a bottle of ginger ale on my desk at 8:57am screams, "I AM PREGNANT." So I'm going to pass for now. If I still feel sick and have the desire for a ginger ale in half an hour - when my advisor will be in a staff meeting and most students are in class and I can shut my office door - I will get one then.

Here's to not throwing up today...

No comments: