tabs

Thursday, May 7, 2009

TIME FLIES

To MY Special K -

You're seven months old today. And you're sick. Last time I checked your fever was 103.2. Not sure what is the cause of your fever, but I think we have things under control now that I figured out how to get (and keep) Tylenol into your mouth. You should be napping now, but your upstairs "talking" to the duck in your crib. Hopefully you'll be back to sleep soon...

A lot has changed in the past four weeks. You are finally going to sleep on your own. You're still waking up in the middle of the night (most nights around 4am), but we've been letting you work through it and get back to sleep on your own. This method works most of the time, but not always. Sometimes you need a little patting on the back - your father and I are happy to give you what you need. You are also on the move these days. You're not crawling, but you move so fast on your belly. Long gone are the days when I can lay you down on the floor in one room and go to the bathroom or run into the other room to make the bed or pick up laundry. You're also pulling yourself up on everything. I feel like a human jungle-gym these days. And you are using all FOUR of your teeth to help you pull up, which means I have bite marks on my shoulders, arms, legs, knees, and stomach. I haven't figured out how to get you to stop biting... (suggestions?).

Your appetite has gotten a lot bigger, too. You are eating peas, carrots (not together, though, you don't like that AT ALL), pears, sweet potatoes, and avocado. I think you like sweet potatoes best. You devour them! Tomorrow we are going to try lentils with some carrots. I think you'll like 'em.

You are still not able to sit up on your own. I'm trying not to worry about this. You do a great job sitting up in your stroller and high-chair, but you just won't sit down on the ground. You're like a little weeble-wooble... you sit for a few seconds and then tip over to one side. Part of me thinks you are just completely uninterested in sitting up now that you are on the move. We'll continue on with our "sitting time" each day. I'm hopeful your tummy muscles will strenthen and you'll gain some interest in sitting on your own.

In terms of size, you're still a little peanut. You have such skinny legs. They've been hidden behind all the cute pants you've worn all winter, but now that the weather is getting nice I see your little legs more and more. They just make me smile. So skinny. At your six month doctor's appointment you weighed just over 14 pounds. You're weighing just under 15 pounds these days (by my calculations: weighing myself first and then getting on the scale holding you). You have a really long upper body (much like Michael Phelps - I'm still hoping you'll be an Olympic swimmer!) and are wearing 9 month-sized onesies and shirts. Your legs, however are a little short and you are still wearing your size 0-3 month pants.

You truly are a delight to be around. I love how you light up when your daddy comes home from work in the evenings. I love when you laugh. I love that saying "boo" over and over and over never gets old and always puts a smile on your face. I love that you still like to cuddle before bedtime. I love that you hit me on the sternum continuously while you're nursing. I love to hear your little voice. I cannot wait to hear you utter the words "Mama". I love the smile on your face when I come to get you out of your crib each morning. I love how you'd rather play with an old water bottle instead of your expensive, bright colored toys. And I love when you are a little bashful when we're out in public and you hide your face in my chest.

I cannot wait to take you to the pool, the beach, and the water spray park this summer. You are going to look too cute in your butterfly bathing suit and pink sunglasses!

Happy seven month birthday, baby girl.

Love you, Mama

No comments: