tabs

Friday, April 4, 2008

A BATHROOM MIRACLE




This morning as I was showering I was thinking about a story for my blog about my b-ower or shath. What is a b-ower/shath? It is my daily shower that has quickly turned into a bath because of a clogged drain. Over the past week, our drain has slowed to a near standstill. By the time I'm done showering, I am standing in a bathtub full of water.

This is the first "major" problem David and I have encountered in the house we own. Before we could just call Mike or Debbie (our past landlords who lived right above us) and they would have to fix our problem. Not this time! We are responsible for fixing the shower drain on our own. David did a lot of plunging (with our new plunger bought at the Target 5 blocks from our house) and we used two different types of liquid plumber. And no drainage. Actually in the past couple of days things have been worse. The water from a normal length shower was taking ten minutes or more to drain. It was getting disgusting. Specifically, standing in INCHES of filthy water when you're intending to get yourself clean is counter-productive, and the amount of soap scum accumulating in our bathtub was unbelievable.

Anyways, this morning I am showering and thinking about my story of my b-ower when all of a sudden I hear what sounds like a huge gulp of water. Then I started to notice that the water in the tub is going down. I turned the water off and low-and-behold the shower is properly draining. A BATHROOM MIRACLE! I turned the water back on and enjoyed another five minutes in the shower; my first non-bath/shower in about a week. It was delightful. So we no longer have to snake out our shower drain and I can get to work on removing the soap scum from our tub.

--------------------------------------------------------

Dinner tonight: David is cooking up some fish, which should be yummy.

Weekend plans: I have to write a paper on the statistical analysis plan for my research practicum project. I'm also teaching Sunday School this week.

No comments: