tabs

Friday, November 18, 2011

FIRST STEPS

Last night I went for my first run since forever. Seriously, I haven't run since March. And then it was not with much consistency. I was too tired, sick, and busy during my pregnancy with C to exercise much. I have missed my run. I didn't realize how much until I laced up my shoes last night.

I have been planning my running comeback for months now --- planning to run the DC Rock 'N Roll 1/2 Marathon and the Pittsburgh 1/2 Marathon in the spring and then a full in the fall (either NYC or Richmond). Getting back into shape is going to be no small task. My core is shot, my legs are weak, and I have little endurance. I am going to take my comeback one step at a time -- literally.

Last night's run was broken into two sessions. I ran to K's school for a meeting and then home again. Both runs were slow - even the second run, which was all down hill, was s-l-o-w (proof below). But I have my first run under my belt. My comeback has begun... I have run 2.51 miles.

No comments: