tabs

Friday, June 6, 2008

NYC MARATHON - UPDATE

I just got word today that I did NOT get a spot in the NYC marathon for 2008. The good news is this is the third year in a row that I've been denied a spot in the marathon. That means GUARANTEED ENTRY INTO THE 2009 RACE! I'm so excited.

Prayers that David would get a spot in the lottery next year would be greatly appreciated. He failed to defer his entry from two years ago in May and was put back into the lottery system. I'm pretty sure that I HAVE to run the race next year - they're giving me a gift of lottery-free entry. If David doesn't get in through the lottery, he'll either have to sit the race out (sad for me; he's a great marathon running partner), find a charity (like TNT) and run with them, or buy a spot 'illegally' on e-bay or craigslist.

No matter what happens, I'm excited. I also have a reason to get my butt of the couch. I have a marathon to train for...

No comments: