tabs

Monday, August 6, 2012

BIKING

*** Written Monday, July 23, 2012

We arrived in Pittsburgh for a two week vacation at my parents' house on Saturday. And by we I mean me and the kids. D is working at home and will join us later in the week. So we left DC after my long run and lunch with girlfriends on Saturday. After settling in on Saturday evening and Sunday morning, I felt the need to get out and do something. My dad suggested going for a bike ride on the rails-to-trails trail along the Allegheny River.

Riding a bike was the perfect way to recover from my run the day before. It was also a beautiful ride. Unfortunately, we hit a bunch of traffic along the river after the Pirate Game ended. That little interruption aside, it was a great ride. Great exercise, pleasant company, and a fantastic stretch for my legs.


No comments: