tabs

Monday, June 4, 2007

COUNTDOWN

My countdown to my final day of work has begun... Only 15 days left; three of which will be spent in Atlantic City, NJ at the National Environmental Health Association Educational Conference. That leaves only 12 days left in the office. I'm so excited. My work 'to do' list is fairly long, but most of the tasks are administrative in nature - I want to leave things well organized when I leave. I'm really excited about what is to come (summer off and then back to school), but it has been hard saying good-bye to folks I've worked with for the past five years. I've made a lot of good friends while here.


Last week I got to see one of those friends, Tom, when I traveled out to Fort Collins, Colorado for a work meeting. Tom is a retired local health officer from Pitkin County, Colorado (Pitkin County is home to Aspen). I've had the pleasure of working with Tom for almost five years. I have learned so much from him - he worked in governmental public health for more than 30 years and now is a consultant. He and his wife, Lynne, are a joy to be around. I am going to miss running into both of them at meetings and conferences, but am hoping to visit them in Snowmass Village during a summer vacation. After a meeting at CDC, Tom took me and another colleague on a tour of Estes and Rocky Mountain National Parks. Pictured here is me with Tom (the best tour guide EVER) in Rocky Mountain National Park. Also pictured are the elk we saw while in the Park. While we were there, it snowed above the tree-line (elevation 12,000 feet +), which made for good pictures! The sights in the Park are breathtaking (the pictures do it little justice)...

I should know by next week if I got into the NYC marathon. I'll keep y'all posted... If I don't get into NYC, I'm thinking I'll wait until next spring and run either the San Diego or Los Angeles marathon (Jeff, hope you're still in on the west coast).

David and I are watching a lot of ALIAS these days. He finished Season 2 while I was in Colorado, and we are more than half way through Season 3.

No comments: